Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Carooh, Caraah!

I am astonished with this world, how does this creeping cold arrive so soon and accompany such despondency? These colorful days of fox red leaves, charismatic orange trees, crisp white frosts hugging onto the contours of the dying trees in the morning, chubby white and grey clouds that skitter and amble across the horizon.
I have missed the moon, those meandering nimbulus clouds leave her hidden and shyer than usual. Why do i adore her? Why do i love half the things I do? Perhaps i recognize a kindred, bashful spirit who would rather remain in the sky large and omniscient, never missing a moment of the love that traps the only sanity left on this earth. That and cellos. Those are incredibly sane instruments. Sorry if this seems dreary just because of this chilly, more than a light coat weather i have been locked inside.
I miss the sun. Well he is still around just not with the same intensity from that lovely tilting of our earth. Yesterday as i walked in that falling sunlight, dressed in my grandmothers Scottish woolen sweater that is heavy, itchy and as orange as a lingering fall sunset, i felt that that nippy winterish breezy coming in through the holes of my grandmothers cadmium orange sweater. Me, Atticus and the leaves all were in matching fall attire of all shades of orange and in my heart i pledged my affection to those last remaining beams of sun.
And here i go i would like to pledge my adoration to things of an orange nature:
1. Atticus in his rusty fur coat and with his lighter orange eyes that smile and wink at me underneath expressive doggy eyebrows
2. All red heads, true beauties
3. Pumpkin pie. There is nothing more nutmeg and cinnamon perfect than a large slice of pumpkin pie with a dollop of the fluffiest whipped cream resting on top. Heidi Daniel truly knows how to make heaven in a pie.
4. Pumpkins the originators of all delicious fall foods that rest with jack o' lantern grins on my front porch grinning at me and all passer bys, what lovely bearers of Halloweentide
5. Whenever the color orange is cheerfully reflected from anywhere in the world on a mountain top, from a geranium or marigold, a warm grandmothers sweater, and in the eye of the fire where the warmest flickers of heat are
6. The emotion that accompanies orange, like when my friends smile their sincerest smiles at me, or when i get a true wave back from a certain boy. The color rests within me and accompanies all of Falls affection
7. Sea sponges
8. Not oompa loompas i hate those, i despise those, even more i fear those.
9. And the way that orange and red trees adorn our encircling mountains flaring up their sides with the final goodbyes and bursts of life from our friends the trees.
Sorry Taylor i know you detest the color of orange but it was just one of those days where i just could not deny my true love for the warmth and charisma of orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment