Friday, June 29, 2012

June 28: Old Man and the knobbly knees

The fact that I personally feel that I have never seen a man so beautiful or heart touching may be concerning to a few, but, alas, it is true. I am enamored by him, in the sense that I find him to be a perfect specimen of living.
a. He has a sweater on, a subtly fantastic sweater.
b. Waves crash with shuddering power behind him and he stands impervious yet invigorated by the raw magnitude of this storm.
c. He reminds faintly of Ghandi.
d. Where is his gaze wandering? It is captured by something greater than this storm that is threatening to engulf him, and his expression is that of awe. Perhaps he has spot a far off winged angel, addressing the storm with her own cries, and he smiles at her jubilation in the face of a terrifying exploit of mother nature.
e. A survivor of life. And one day we will relate all his glories of living, when I get to know him in Iceland.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is fascinating me. I bet you didn't even think I knew you had a blog. WRONG. I am an avid reader. Your thoughts are the best thing to read about. And I wish you would share them with me more often. Really. What causes you to think about this. I would be interested to get into the mind of a genius.

    ReplyDelete