Monday, September 9, 2013

Fawnd Farewells

Second post in one night stretch, usually unheard of from me but I have one more offering for my blog.
 
I start the collegic days tomorrow. More than I have up to this point.
 
I feel at war with myself as both fawn and school boy choose their paths within me.
 
What thoughts is the fawn having? She does not want to be left behind but has always been shy in the beginning of beginnings. Knees as fragile as tender shoots buckle under the idea. Large eyes bat at the mere mention of classrooms. Rib cage rockets with a heart destined for the whole nine yards.
 
What thoughts are on the rushing boy's mind? He seems as proud as brass to be out and going forth ready for all the new knowledge that will teach him how to conquer each constellation and every kilometer. Swaggering with strained jeans and bruised calves. As ready for anything as he ever will be. He checks two houses down to ensure his friends are following and making way to the same path. Cheeky monkey as he is, he's going to be more than fine!
 
But what if a few variables changed. The friends did not arrive, or friends had not been acquired yet. How would he be feeling? His swagger would trip with anxiety but smiling like he meant it he would continue and carry on. Because all the bravest do. Just as the fawn would too, as soon as her bus pulled in as well. Change is inevitable and not only that but good.
 
I get to trip off to bed now, and then to class next. Wish me a fond one, love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment