Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Yurt in the Dirt

Dear Society,
If there are any objections to living the rest of your life in a larger than life tent than I don't want to hear them. And if you would like to persist and convince us why the idea is less than a stroke of genius than please put it into the suggestion box but if there are no objections to be raised I will tell you about Yurts and why it never hurts to live in a Yurt.

You know when you have an epiphany of some sort? And your heart swells and grows three times too large? That occurred when I realized just a week ago that my idea that I need to live in a house is so wrong, its wronger than wrong. I can live life in a yurt. People all around the world do it. Mongolians, desert dwellers, some star wars characters do it and not to mention nomads and I will one day. They are like those tents in Harry Potter that have an expansive spell put on them to create more space to include beds, a kitchen, a wood fire stove (practical in a tent? yes. Safe? hopefully, fingers crossed tightly on that detail) You can have stories in a Yurt, not only floors, but bedtime stories that change just by the fact that you are tucked up so nicely in a bunk bed and you are staring up through that large window that opens to the stars and stories are being whispered all around, like passing a bowl of popcorn. It's a life long girls camp opportunity with much less estrogen and cat fights. (Fingers also crossed on that one). But Yurts, Yurts, Yurts, they circle my head daily, rugs skip through too, colors like chartreuse and mandarin chase each other around and I just smile at the sky happy in my mind yurt.

So when you are asking yourself, where will Abbey end up someday? I'll be in a Yurt in a parent's backyard with surfboards on the side, blonde babies booking it about, lavender on the side with sunflowers and only a swimsuit with a skirt wrapped around. I'll die of skin cancer, sure, but I'll have lived in a yurt in the dirt. It just cannot go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment